Samsara CM31 Front-Facing AI Dash Cam with License | VG34 Cellular Vehicle IoT Gateway Options
The CM31 Front-facing Dash Cam automatically uploads HD video footage to the Samsara Cloud. With live scene analysis and a built-in speaker for driver coaching, the CM31 is purpose-built to reduce high-risk behaviors, lower safety-related costs, and provide deep visibility into fleet operations.
High-definition video optimized for fleets
The CM31 captures clear, smooth, high-definition video footage enabling operators to see events of interest clearly. With high-end 1080p resolution, 30-frames-per-second capture, a wide-angle 121° lens, and low-light performance optimized for night driving, the CM31 provides exceptional performance in a scalable camera system.
An intelligent camera powered by AI and computer vision
The CM31 analyzes the road in real-time, providing advanced visibility into the cause of accidents. Using cutting-edge artificial intelligence, the CM31 can detect events instantly such as tailgating, running a red light, and rolling through a stop sign.
Fleet-wide visibility from the Samsara Cloud
Paired with the VG-series vehicle gateway, the CM31 uploads video clips and still images to the Samsara Cloud automatically, providing zero-touch, centralized visibility into footage from an entire fleet. The CM31's cellular capabilities eliminate the need for retrieving memory cards from vehicles or downloading footage from a DVR manually. Operators can access recent and historical captures from any web browser instantly.
Reduces accidents and facilitates insurance claims
The CM31 captures footage automatically and uploads it immediately before and after sudden acceleration or braking, harsh turning, or collisions. With video evidence of dangerous driving behavior, operators can proactively coach high-risk drivers, improving safety and lowering operating costs. When accidents do happen, video evidence can exonerate drivers and facilitate insurance claim payments.
Built-in audio speaker for voice-based safety coaching
The inward-facing audio speaker provides real-time feedback to promote safe behavior. Drivers who are speeding, engaged in dangerous driving, or not wearing a seat belt will receive voice-based safety warnings.
Affordable and easy to use
With advances in imaging technology, encoding, and wireless data networks, the Samsara Dash Cam brings tremendous quality and features at a fraction of the cost of traditional enterprise-class systems. With no complex wiring or configuration, it's also easy to use. The Samsara Dash Cam installs in about ten minutes, and the Samsara Cloud dashboard enables users to access footage without training or IT expertise.
- High-quality videos for complete visibility
- 130° front-facing camera for full view of road
- 1080p (full HD) video for detail and clarity
- 30 frames per second for smooth motion
- Optimized for low-light and nighttime driving
- Built-in audio speaker
- In-cab audio speaker provides voice-based feedback and alerts during unsafe driving
Harsh event recording
- Harsh braking, acceleration, turning, and crashes are detected by built-in accelerometer automatically
- Camera auto-uploads footage starting 5 seconds before and ending 5 seconds after each harsh driving event
- Still images are captured every few minutes while the vehicle is in motion, adding visual context to GPS tracking
- Data transfer and logging
Automatically uploads videos to the cloud
- Zero-touch wireless upload via Samsara cellular gateways
- Unlimited video storage in the cloud
- When cellular connectivity is unavailable, videos are stored on the Vehicle Gateway temporarily and uploaded when the gateway comes online
- Past 24 hours of driving time available for over-the-air retrieval on demand
- Mounting and power
- Mounts on inside of windshield with heavy-duty acrylic foam tape (included)
- Tilt control allows for proper front-facing orientation with a wide variety of windshields
- Connects to Samsara VG-series gateways via accessory port for power and connectivity (no hard-wiring into vehicle's electrical system necessary)
- 4-meter cable length
Requires CM license. License includes cellular data connectivity, cloud software, mobile apps, ongoing firmware updates, maintenance, and support. Available in 1-year, 3-year, and 5-year terms.
|Dimensions||Enclosure: 108 mm × 41 mm × 61 mm (4.2 in. × 1.6 in. × 2.4 in.)
Cable: 4 m (13 ft)
|Temperature||–20 °C to 65 °C|
|Verticals||Fleet & Transportation|
|Product Type||IoT Gateway|
|Power||Connects to Samsara VG-series gateway via accessory port (power + data). No additional power source or wiring required|
|Battery Life||Internal 1300 mAh battery for fallback power when vehicle is off|