Samsara HW-VG34 Cellular Vehicle IoT Gateway with GPS and CAN Bus Interface & 1 Year Platform License (Includes $150 Activation Fee)
The VG34 Vehicle IoT Gateway is an advanced sensor platform for fleets, providing operators with real-time location and analytics, sensor data, Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity, and ELD-ready hours of service logging.
Precise GPS tracking with real-time visibility
Samsara's advanced GPS technology reads from multiple independent satellite systems simultaneously, providing precise, real-time locations, even in challenging geographical environments.
Provides complete visibility over vehicles, drivers, and operations
The VG34 integrates information from a variety of built-in and accessory sensors, providing a comprehensive and intuitive view of your fleet. The VG34 monitors engine diagnostics, fuel efficiency, driver productivity, and safety. The VG34 is ideal for refrigerated fleets—supporting wireless temperature monitoring, and specialized fleets with visibility into power takeoff, lift arm, plows, sweepers, fluid tanks, gas pressure, and more.
A platform for location, ELD, dash cams, and more
The VG34 is the hub of Samsara's complete solution, enabling operators to implement ELD-ready hours of service logging, deploy Internet-connected dash cams for improved safety, connect wireless sensors to monitor reefers and cargo, and more.
High-speed 4G LTE cellular connectivity
The VG34 offers a 10× speed advantage over 3G devices, providing a high-speed data platform ideal for mobile apps and dash cameras, and HD video to increase productivity and enable new in-cab software tools. A built-in Wi-Fi hotspot enables in-cab Wi-Fi connectivity for tablets, laptops, and mobile devices.
Secure and easy to install with Y-splitting cables and tamper alerts
With a flexible and intuitive mounting system, smart diagnostics connectors, and internal antennas, the VG34 installs in most vehicles in just a few minutes. Discreet mounting options minimize risk of tampering, and a built-in, rechargeable battery enables the VG34 to send a wireless alert in the event that it is unplugged from the vehicle.
Rugged, flexible device works in virtually any vehicle
The VG34 is at home in cars and light trucks, tractor trailers, and heavy duty, industrial, or specialized vehicles equally. With a rugged design tested for vibration, shock, moisture, and extreme temperatures, the VG34 is built for reliable performance under the rigors of industrial fleet operations.
Part of a complete, business-relevant solution
The VG34 is part of Samsara's complete solution to provide visibility into vehicles, drivers, cargo, mobile assets, energy, and industrial processes. With the VG34, operators can improve driver safety, analyze route performance, simplify reporting and compliance, increase driver productivity, and lower operating costs.
- CAN bus/diagnostics interface
- J1939 (type 1 and 2)
- J1708 (non-diagnostic, power only)
- Advanced positioning system reads from multiple independent satellite systems simultaneously including GPS and GLONASS global navigation satellite systems.
- Internal antenna for discreet installation. External antenna available for non-standard mounting configurations.
- Industry leading –162 dBm sensitivity with 1 second time-to-fix (hot start).
- Compatible with EM-series wireless temperature monitors, driver ID tokens, and IM-series industrial input modules. Automatic discovery (plug-and-play).
- 2× digital inputs monitor specialized equipment (e.g. snow plow up/down, power takeoff on/off). Maximum voltage 30 V, Vil 1.2 V, Vih 2 V.
- 1× digital output, reserved for future use via software update.
- 4G LTE cellular connectivity with 3G fallback where LTE coverage is unavailable.
- LTE: Quad-band 2/4/5/12
- 3G: Dual-band 2/5
- Operating area: United States, Canada, Mexico, European Union
- Integrated Wi-Fi hotspot (802.11g/n, 2.4 GHz) provides high-speed Wi-Fi data to in-cab tablets, smartphones, laptops, and other Wi-Fi-compatible devices.
- All Internet connectivity secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption (military-grade).
- Built-in flash memory logs data when Internet connectivity is unavailable.
- Vehicle on: 1.8 W typical power draw
- Vehicle off: 396 mW sleep mode
- 12 V and 24 V vehicles via diagnostic port connection or direct wiring harness.
- Battery-powered tamper detection sends alert (via Samsara Cloud) if gateway is unplugged or power is interrupted.
- 117 mm × 72 mm × 26 mm (4.6 in. × 2.7 in. × 1.0 in.)
- 118 g
- –40 °C to 85 °C
- Connects to Samsara Cloud to provide real-time location visibility, dispatch, reporting, and alerts.
Samsara Driver app
- ELD-ready hours-of-service logging when used with the Samsara Driver app.
- ACC-BOBDII-Y1 OBD-II (J1962) to Samsara Gateway cable with type 1 Y-splitting bypass harness
- ACC-BOBDII-Y2 OBD-II (J1962) to Samsara Gateway cable with type 2 Y-splitting bypass harness
- ACC-BJ1939-VM OBD-II (J1939) heavy duty diagnostic harness for Volvo/Mack
- ACC-BJ1939-Y1 OBD-II (J1939) to Samsara Gateway cable with type 1 Y-splitting bypass harness and auxiliary (discrete voltage) inputs
- ACC-BJ1708-Y1 OBD-II (J1708) to Samsara Gateway cable with type 1 Y-splitting bypass harness and auxiliary (discrete voltage) inputs
- ACC-AGPS SMA cable to external GPS antenna
Requires VG license. License includes cellular data connectivity, cloud software, mobile apps, ongoing firmware updates, maintenance, and support. Available in 3-year and 5-year terms.
|Verticals||Fleet & Transportation|