Samsara CM32 Dual-Facing AI Dash Cam with License | VG34 Cellular Vehicle IoT Gateway Options
The CM32 Dual-facing Dash Cam automatically uploads HD video footage to the Samsara Cloud. With live scene analysis and a built-in speaker for driver coaching, the CM32 is purpose-built to reduce high-risk behaviors, lower safety-related costs, and provide deep visibility into fleet operations.
High-definition video, outward and inward
The CM32 captures smooth, high-definition video footage of the road and driver simultaneously, enabling operators to see events of interest clearly. With high-end 1080p resolution, 30-frames-per-second-capture, and in-cab infrared LED for unlit nighttime video, the CM32 provides exceptional performance in a scalable camera system.
An intelligent camera powered by ai and computer vision
The CM32 analyzes driver behavior and road conditions in real-time, providing unprecedented visibility into leading causes of preventable accidents. Using cutting-edge artificial intelligence, the CM32 can detect events instantly such as distracted driving, running a red light, and rolling through a stop sign.
Fleet-wide visibility from the Samsara Cloud
Paired with the VG-series vehicle gateway, the CM32 uploads video clips and still images to the Samsara Cloud automatically, providing zero-touch, centralized visibility into footage from an entire fleet. The CM32's cellular capabilities eliminate the need for retrieving memory cards from vehicles or downloading footage from a DVR manually. Operators can access recent and historical captures from any web browser instantly, and can dismiss or flag events for follow-up easily.
Streamlines incident review and facilitates insurance claims
The Samsara Cloud dashboard delivers real-time access to footage immediately before and after harsh events such as sudden acceleration or braking, harsh turning, or collisions. In case of a complaint or accident, proximity search and on-demand retrieval of video evidence can be used to exonerate drivers and simplify accident reconstruction.
Reduces distracted driving and promotes safety
Using video evidence of dangerous driving behavior, including texting or drowsiness, fleet operators can coach high-risk drivers proactively. Integrated driver safety scorecards make it easy to identify repeat offenders. Meanwhile, drivers can see their safety ranking relative to peers on a mobile app.
Built-in audio speaker for voice-based safety coaching
The inward-facing audio speaker provides real-time feedback to promote safe behavior. Drivers who are speeding, engaged in dangerous driving, or not wearing a seat belt will receive voice-based safety warnings.
Affordable and easy to use
With advances in imaging technology, encoding, and wireless data networks, the Samsara Dash Cam brings tremendous quality and features at a fraction of the cost of traditional enterprise-class systems. With no complex wiring or configuration, it's also easy to use. The Samsara Dash Cam installs in about ten minutes, and the Samsara Cloud dashboard enables users to access footage without training or IT expertise.
- Front-facing videos for real-world context
- 121° front-facing camera for full view of road
- 1080p (full HD) video for detail and clarity
- 30 frames per second for smooth motion
- HDR picture quality to optimize for bright, low-light, and nighttime conditions
Driver-facing videos promote safety
- 177° driver-facing camera to identify unsafe in-cab behaviors
- 720p (HD) video for valuable in-cab insights
- 30 frames per second for smooth motion
- Infrared LED for unlit/nighttime in-cab video
- Built-in audio speaker
- In-cab audio speaker provides voice-based feedback and alerts during unsafe driving
- Option to turn on audio capture for extra context during disputes and incidents
Harsh event recording
- Harsh braking, acceleration, turning, and crashes are detected by built-in accelerometer automatically
- Camera auto-uploads footage from 5 seconds before to 5 seconds after each harsh driving event
- Still images are captured every few minutes while the vehicle is in motion, adding visual context to GPS tracking
- Data transfer and logging
Automatically uploads videos to the cloud
- Zero-touch wireless upload via Samsara cellular gateways
- Unlimited video storage in the cloud
- When cellular connectivity is unavailable, videos are stored on the vehicle gateway temporarily and uploaded when the gateway comes online
- Past 40 hours of driving time available for over-the-air retrieval on demand
- Mounting and power
- Mounts on inside of windshield with heavy-duty acrylic foam tape (included)
- Tilt control allows for proper front-facing orientation with a wide variety of windshields
- Connects to Samsara's VG-series gateways via accessory port for power and connectivity (no hard-wiring into vehicle's electrical system necessary)
- 4-meter cable length
Requires CM license. License includes cellular data connectivity, cloud software, mobile apps, ongoing firmware updates, maintenance, and support. Available in 1-year, 3-year, and 5-year terms.
|Dimensions||Enclosure: 108 mm × 41 mm × 61 mm (4.2 in. × 1.6 in. × 2.4 in.)
Cable: 4 m (13 ft)
|Temperature||–20 °C to 65 °C|
|Verticals||Fleet & Transportation|
|Product Type||IoT Gateway|
|Power||Connects to Samsara VG-series gateway via accessory port (power + data). No additional power source or wiring required|
|Battery Life||Internal 1300 mAh battery for fallback power when vehicle is off|