The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.
HOW EMBEDDED WORKS USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This policy covers how Embedded Works treats personal information that Embedded Works collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Embedded Works products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Embedded Works does not own or control, or to people that Embedded Works does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Embedded Works collects personal information when you register with Embedded Works, when you use Embedded Works products or services, when you visit Embedded Works pages or the pages of certain Embedded Works partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Embedded Works may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register, we may ask for information, such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP/post code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services, we might also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. When you register with Embedded Works and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Embedded Works collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
Embedded Works automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Embedded Works cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
Embedded Works uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Embedded Works does not rent, lease, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Embedded Works under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Embedded Works communicate with you about offers from Embedded Works and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Embedded Works displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria—for example, women ages 18–24 from a particular geographic area.
- Embedded Works does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Embedded Works works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Embedded Works may set and access Embedded Works cookies on your computer.
Embedded Works lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Embedded Works' cookies.
Embedded Works uses web beacons to access Embedded Works cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Embedded Works' products and services.
New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Embedded Works service, such as service announcements, administrative messages, and the Embedded Works Newsletter, that are considered part of your Embedded Works account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Embedded Works may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Embedded Works account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at: