The LMU-4220-GPRS is designed to support customers needing an array of vehicle interfaces. For example, the serial ports supply switchable power at selectable voltages to ease the installation of peripheral data devices. The optional jPODTM ECU (Engine Control Unit) interface reads and transmits heavy-duty engine condition and performance data such as engine temperature along with the fault codes to provide the best possible real-time picture of vehicle health.
The LMU-4220-GPRS employs CalAmpﾒs industry leading on-board alert engine, PEG™ (Programmable Event Generator). This advanced engine monitors external conditions and supports customer-defined exception-based rules to help meet the needs of your application. PEG continuously monitors the vehicle environment and responds instantaneously to pre-defined threshold conditions related to time, date, motion, location, geo-zone, input and other event combinations. With PEG, your unique application will meet demanding customer requirements. This behavior can be programmed by CalAmp before shipment, at a customerﾒs facility, or over-the-air once the unit has been fielded.
Experience The Advantage
- GSM/GPRS, CDMA 1X, or HSPA cellular configurations
- Dual reporting 20,000 buffered message log
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer for driver behavior, motion sensing, hard braking, impact detection
- 32 built-in geo-fences, plus any combination of circle or polygon zones, up to 5400 points
- Web-based device management diagnostic tools
- Garmin®, MDT, and other advanced peripherals support
- Power sleep modes
- Comprehensive 22 pin I/O system, 4 pin pwr connector (pn 5C888 and 5C889 available seperately)
- Switched power serial ports