- Wireless Standard: Bluetooth 2.0
- Form Factor: Bluetooth Serial Adapter
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz ISM
- Operating Temperature:
The BluePort XP is the world's only totally wireless and portable Class 1 Bluetooth serial adapter. With its integrated Power Pack, you can create wireless connections anywhere, anytime, and stay connected for up to 32 hours on a single charge. BluePort XP enables wireless connections to any legacy serial port and supports bi-directional RS232 signaling at a rate of 232.4Kbps. Just attach BluePort XP to your device's RS232/EIA232 port, plug it in, and you're connected. The transmit range can be up to 330' (100m), depending upon environmental factors.There are three ways to utilize BluePort XP's capabilities:
1. Direct to a Bluetooth client: The client creates a SPP connection to the unit and uses a virtual COM style interface. Data is sent and received on the client exactly as if a serial cable was connected to a real COM port on the client.
2. Use a pair of BluePort XPs for true cable replacement.
- Low power consumption (50mA connected, 10mA waiting)
- External antenna (SMA jack and antenna) to maximize range
- On-board jumpers to switch from DTE/DCE and disable flow control so you don't have to make cables
- Integral ION battery (1.1AH), built in charger, and status LEDs
- Can be charged from any 5VDC power source (including USB ports)
- Can run for 100s of hours in standby mode and up to 32 hours continuously connected and transferring data
- Flexible RS232 interface with programmable baud rates from 1200 to 232.4 Kbps
- Allows for setting non-standard values
- Configuration via serial interface or remotely over Bluetooth connection
- Automatic connection modes and standard baud rate setting by external DIP switches
- Advanced trigger mode connects/disconnects upon sensing incoming data
- Small form factor: 3" x 1.3" x 0.9"