- Wireless Standard: Bluetooth v2.0 compliant, FCC, IC, CE certified, RoHS
- Form Factor: OEM Module
- Frequency: 2402 ~ 2480MHz
- Operating Temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
The EW-RN-240 is the world's smallest, lightest, and most capable Class 1 Bluetooth serial adapter. It enables wireless connections to any legacy serial port and supports bi-directional RS232 signaling at a rate of up to 464 Kbps. Just attach the RN-240 to your device's RS232/EIA232 port, plug it in, and you're connected. The transmit range can be up to 330' (100M), depending upon environmental factors. There are several ways to utilize the serial adapter:
1. Direct to a Bluetooth client: The client creates a SPP connection to the unit and uses a virtual COM style interface. Data is sent and received on the client exactly as if a serial cable was connected to a real COM port on the client.
2. Cable replacement: Utilized in cable replacement when pairing two serial adapters with simple dip switches.
Cable replacement is a powerful feature that offers a quick and simple solution for point to point communications. It replaces wired communication between a host device and a remote device with a Bluetooth link. This solution works with all Roving Networks Bluetooth modules and serial adapters. More information on this feature can be found in the cable replacement application note.
Available in two options:
RN-240F Female DB9 connector
RN-240M Male DB9 Connector
*Cable replacement solution eliminates messy cable clutter with bluetooth link
*Compatible with all Roving Networks' serial adapters and bluetooth modules and other devices supporting SPP
*Auto pairing and auto connect feature when communicating with other Roving devices
*Conveniently located DIP switches for baud rate selection and auto pair/connect modes
*Class 1 bluetooth device with integrated antenna supporting bluetooth 2.1+EDR
*Onboard DTE/DCE jumpers eliminates the need for crossover cables
*Built in regulator, can be powered from any 4 to 12VDC source, accepts power from DB Pin 9
*Settings can be easily changed with AT commands via serial port and remotely over Bluetooth
*Status LEDs for TX/RX data, power/connection status and configuration mode
*Advanced Trigger mode connects/disconnects upon sensing incoming data