- At the core is an ARM Cortex M4 Microcontroller with integrated 2.4Ghz b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- The kit also has a set of 3.3V and 1.8V headers to add development shields and accessories.
- Alongside the powerful hardware platform is a proven and feature rich Software SDK which has previously been available to large OEM.
- Now available to the everyday consumer, the SDK is hosted on GitHub with sample and example codes covering common MCU use cases such as OTA updates and Wi-Fi configuration making the connectivity process simple and fast.
- The starter kit is FCC certified and available for sale.
- The MW302 module is also FCC certified and available for customization and volume sale
The AWS IOT SDK open software is available at https://github.com/marvell-iot/aws_starter_sdk/wiki
The RD-88MW302 Reference design is a development kit based on the MW302, the latest integrated Cortex M4 Microcontroller from Marvell. This integrates 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi on a single microcontroller chip along with PA for optimized BOM and RBOM cost. The chip is the basis for Marvell's Apple Homekit platform. Please contact Embedded Works Sales for Homekit development or for using Apple's Authentication chips.
The MW302 features a 21mm x 37mm module mounted on a full feature development board. An Apple Authentication chip can be mounted for Homekit development.
The Wi-Fi Microcontroller Platform enables smart connectivity to a broad range of devices such as thermostats, air conditioners, appliances, lighting controls, mobile clients, cloud services, and other devices on the Internet of Things including:
- White goods/appliances: refrigerator, washer, dryer, oven range, microwave, dishwasher
- Consumer devices and accessories: toys, speakers, headset, alarm clock, gaming accessory, remote control
- Home automation: smart outlet, light switch, security camera, thermostat, sprinkler controller, sensor, door lock, door bell, garage door, security system
- Personal health devices: weighing scale, glucometer, blood pressure monitor, fitness equipment
- IoT/wearables: coffee pot, rice cooker, vacuum cleaner, air purifier, smart watch, fitness bracelet, pet monitor
- Commercial/industrial: lighting, building automation, asset management, Point of Sale (POS)
- Gateways: Connecting IR, sub-Gig or Legacy RF, Bluetooth Smart, ZigBee, ZWave and other radios to Wi-Fi/IP network